Dive into Deep Learning
Aston Zhang, Zachary Lipton, Mu Li and Alex Smola, 2022 (http://alex.smola.org/projects.html)
This book covers code, math, examples and explanations in one piece. Some of the highlights:
- Downloadable Jupyter notebooks. In fact, the entire book consists of notebooks.
- A freely available PDF version
- A GitHub repository to allow for fast corrections of errata
- A tight integration with discussion forums to allow for questions regarding the math and code on the site
- Theoretical background suitable for engineers and undergraduate researchers
- State of the art models (including ResNet, faster-RCNN, etc)
- Well documented and structured code that is executed on real datasets, yet at the same time small enough to fit on a laptop.
- A Chinese translation (in fact, the Chinese book will be released first)